Did we skip the month of September?
Summer ended, school began, then...
We're just shy of the 3 month mark in our new life. And now that October has rolled around, it's really not so new anymore is it?
It's not our new life. It's just life.
Case in point:
- I can no longer claim newness when the nice policeman asks me why I (still) have a driver's license and license plates bearing the seal of the State of New Hampshire.
- The USPS notified us that they won't forward our magazines anymore.
- I can get myself to and from downtown Portland, and most other essential and nonessential places, sans GPS.
- I'm taking a college course at a local college and they gave me second-tier resident tuition (which saved me 300 bucks).
- I'm making my own deodorant, downing raw ACV, lusting after Birkenstocks, and my #1 favorite place is the farmer's market at Portland State University. (If that's not fodder for Portlandia, I don't know what is.)
And so today not only ushers in my favorite month of the year, and also my birth month, it makes it all seem so official. I'll look back and say "October was the month we became natives!" Or something silly like that.
Also, let it be known that I seasonally decorated our mantle. It's official: I'm a card-carrying blogger. (Or I've never had a mantle to decorate + I'm unemployed + I've been reading Martha Stewart Living like I own stock + we have yet to buy a second television and something had to be done with that space. But who's counting? Craftiness is craftiness.)
I heart you, October.