It gives them an opportunity to discover who they are and to figure out why they are always alone.
This is my I'm on the road for a solo vacation and I'm excited face. But the truth is, this was taken in my driveway. And I'm noticing that my left eye looks a little lazy. And I look a little bit terrified.
I set a goal of leaving by 12p and was laying scratch on the driveway at 12:45p. That's pretty good. This girl sucks at getting out the door. Ask Husband. He loses a little bit of his soul every time we leave for a trip. Oh, how I miss him already.
Anywho, I'm writing this from a lovely little room on Cape Cod. Alone. And I am just now considering that I will, in all likelihood, be the weird girl sitting alone at the bar photographing everything at dinner. It's good for me to relive high school every so often, no? Except for the camera. Being on the school paper would have only improved my status.
My goal for the next 2-3 days:
- Write that damn paper that haunts me even in my dreams. I swear, 2 credits is not worth having a monkey on my back for 5 months. Could I have sucked it up and written it months ago and avoided all this? Maaaaybeeee. But now it is a big scary monster under my bed and every time I sit down to write it I am paralyzed by fear. I actually typed "um" the other day while working on it. Six hours and two sentences later, I was in full on panic mode thinking I am going to get an F.
- Sleep in. At least until 7a. My luck, I'll make it to 6:30a. Because isn't that how it works? You drag your tired bum out of bed every morning but find that on the weekends you can't sleep in to save your life. Just me and my neurotic mind?
- Buy some new shoes. For the love of all things holy. I'm wearing western-style ankle boots with light jeans and I look absolutely ridiculous. But the soles literally fell off my regular shoes and my other options were looking just awful. Unless I want to be in Uggs for the next 2 months, I'd better do something about my footwear situation.
- Buy a new camera bag. After getting my lovely camera for Christmas, I immediately went out and bought a bag. Then I got a new lens and said bag was over capacity. So I've been lugging the extra lens around in my purse. Enough already.
- Take a zillion photos. From the beach.
P.S. My very first giveaway ends tonight. It's not too late to score an awesome camera strap cover from The Poppy Shoppe. Enter here!