It's Insta Tuesday already? The week didn't feel this fast when I was going through it!
Last Wednesday was my birthday. I had classes back-to-back from 8-4, then we picked Kiddo up from school and headed to my favorite diner about an hour away. It was a fun, lovely evening. My cup runneth over. So far, thirty-two feels pretty good. In honor of aging with pride, here's my birthday inta-llment of Insta Tuesday.
Beautiful foliage abounds! I had two flower arrangements waiting for me when I got home Wednesday evening. The roses are from my sister, and the lovely fall arrangement is from my good friend, Molly. I pulled over and got out of the car to take pictures of this "burning bush" on the Rec Center lawn. You can actually see individual leaves turning from green to red in places. I've always wanted one of these, and I need to figure out what they are so my lawn can have one next fall, too. Aren't they cool? It's amazing what nature can produce.
Clockwise from top left:
- Because my birthday fell on a week night and I'm not a huge cake person, I opted instead to have dinner at a favorite diner. The meals are like home-cooked, and the desserts are amazing. If you are ever in NH, you must visit a Red Arrow Diner.
- Instead of having a cake sitting around all week (and even longer on my thighs), I enjoyed a slice of coconut chocolate cream pie. So. Good.
- My first birthday gift came in the form of a returned exam. My first of the semester, and I'd been waiting two weeks to find out what I got on it. Not a bad way to start, if I do say so myself. I did, however, get my worst grade ever yesterday. But the gods waited a week after my birthday to spring that one on me. P.S. I got the point for writing my name.
- Guess what Kiddo got me? The lamb(?) hat! It's mine! I'm not sure how often it will make a public appearance, but I wore it around the house the other night and I'd swear it made me smarter. The thoughtfulness is what made it the best gift.
My Pyrex collection increased tenfold. Holy moly did hubs hook me up! He is amazing that way. These are just a few of the many I got for my birfday. In fact, we're running out of places to display them. I may have to pack away a couple of the larger pieces until we have a kitchen with more cabinet space. We did a little shuffling/reorganizing/weeding of our cookbook shelf and pie cabinet, and were able to make room for most of them. We needed to do that anyway, so I figure my Pyrex collection has already improved our quality of life. I can really spin it, no?
Clockwise from top left:
- Husband was looking for something in the "gooseberry" print I like and ended up arranging to buy this one from the shop owner's personal collection. He is SO likeable, I'm not at all surprised she hooked him up. I love the vibrant yellow color.
- This is one of my absolute favorite prints. It's bright and fun, and now I can look at it every day.
- This is without a doubt the most unique piece I own. I love, love, love the turquoise color and funky fruit print. It was a special edition...can you see the hidden baby?
- A nesting set of the classic flower print. It has a way of making you feel happy.