My first Insta Tuesday! I stumbled across this linkup a couple weeks ago and really liked the idea of sharing my week via Instagram photos. I actually took a lot this week. More than usual.
Here are the highlights:
Clockwise from top left:
- There's nothing like being herded while you mow the lawn.
- My first piece of vintage Pyrex! I'm officially a collector!
- The scene outside of Five Guys. Nothing whets my appetite quite like taxidermy outside the local burger joint.
- Throwback Campbell's soup cans. I actually had a hard time choosing what colors I wanted to buy. Because the color of the can definitely matters. I want it to look pretty in the recycling bin...?
- An antique store impulse buy. On my way out of one of the rooms, this oil painting caught my eye. There was no turning back. Now I have to figure out how to frame it. I don't think Michael's carries canvas frames.
The last week has been super stressful for me. The last three, actually. My classes are challenging me and I feel overwhelmed, which hasn't been helped by my lack of self-discipline. I feel like some cracks are starting to show around my edges.
In the words of the great Winnie the Pooh:
I'm just a little black rain cloud.
Seeing my week in photos has changed my perspective, however. I started a new collection that excites and entertains me (I'm on a Pyrex hunt!), and I found a piece of art that speaks to me (though I'm still not quite sure what it is saying). I ate at Five Guys (um, yum!).
Life is good. It is stressful too, sure, but not all is doom and gloom. I'll get through this semester like I have the last eight. One day at a time. And the payoff will be huge. I just need to spend more time looking for the silver lining.